Office Manager sought for luxury bridal boutique
A Little Something White Bridal Couture is a full-service bridal boutique located in Darien, Connecticut. We are growing quickly and are looking to add an Office Manager to our team. We are looking for a detail-oriented, motivated, hard-working, extremely organized individual who has a passion and enthusiasm for the business to add to our close-knit team. This individual will report to and work closely with the owner of the business. This position is intended to be long-term, as we would like the individual we hire to grow with our business and take on increasing responsibility.
- Serve as the administrative head of the business, which entails preparing invoices for customer orders, generating and sending purchase orders, reviewing order confirms, accounting for payments owed and payments made, filing paperwork
- Unpack boxes containing customer orders, reviewing the merchandise versus the order slip to ensure accuracy, and doing all paperwork associated with order receipt
- Prepare shipping labels and pack gowns for customer orders
- Contact customers via phone and email to notify them of item arrival
- Confirm customer appointments and answer phones during busy periods
- Assist team in the setup for trunk shows
- Ensure office, storage, and store are kept neat, tidy, organized, and clutter free
- Determine office and store supply needs and place orders for those items
- Must have the ability to work approximately 20 hours per week across Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (and potentially some Saturdays).
- Must have some flexibility for a small variation in hours, such as working an additional 5 hours per week during busy periods.
- Must have prior work experience in a field where organization and attention-to-detail were critical elements of the job
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Position will entail use of Quickbooks accounting software, so familiarity with this system is a plus.
- Polished social skills, as speaking to customers will be part of the job
- Must possess a college degree
- Must be available to start by early September
- References must be provided
- Compensation: Hourly
- Training will be provided
- To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org