Join us this weekend and next for the official debut of the Kelly Faetanini Fall 2017 bridal collection! We are absolutely thrilled to be selected as the first boutique in the country to showcase these gorgeous gowns. From Thursday, November 3rd through Sunday, November 13th we are hosting a trunk show featuring these beautiful dresses as well as best sellers from prior seasons. Any bride purchasing a Kelly Faetanini gown during the show will receive 10% off her purchase. Appointment times are filling up fast, so contact us today for an appointment!
Join us next weekend for our Pronovias trunk show! Starting on Thursday, October 27th, we will welcome select pieces from the 2016 collection to the boutique for the weekend. Any bride purchasing a Pronovias gown during the show will receive 10% off her purchase. Appointment times are filling up fast, so contact us today for an appointment!
Join us for our Amsale trunk show this weekend! Starting on Thursday, September 22nd, we will welcome the Spring 2016 collection as well as our favorites from past seasons. Any bride purchasing an Amsale gown during the show will receive 10% off her purchase. Even better, on Saturday we will be welcoming someone from the designer’s team to work with our brides! Appointment times are filling up fast, so contact us today for an appointment!
We are thrilled to announce our blowout sample sale which will kick off on Saturday, July 16th from 9am-5pm and run through Saturday, July 30th. Gowns will be priced at 50-70% off from some of the industry’s top bridal designers, including Anna Maier, Amsale, Alvina Valenta, Judd Waddell, Kelly Faetanini, Liancarlo, Sareh Nouri, and Ti Adora! We will also have a selection of veils, jewelry, shoes, belts/sashes, and bridesmaids and special occasion dresses as part of this sale. The bridal gowns included in the sale are all originally priced from $1,500-$6,000 and have been reduced to $500-$2,000. On Saturday, July 16th, the first day of the sale, we are excited to offer a special promotion for all brides who purchase a sale gown. We will be providing $125 off the cleaning of your sale gown. Below are some additional details for this special event!
- Appointments will be 1 hour in length. We strongly recommend making an appointment, if possible. We will accept walk ins when fitting rooms are available but will give priority to those who have made an appointment.
- You may have up to 5 gowns in the fitting room with you at one time. We will be here to help you rotate out styles that you do not prefer so that you can bring in more styles that you may like!
- Due to space constraints during this busy event, only 2 guests may attend the sample sale with you.
- Sample sales are ideal for the following brides:
- Those who have shopped before. The best way to take advantage of a sample sale is to know the fabrics and silhouettes you like best coming into the appointment so you can hone in on those styles as soon as you arrive. If you would like to come to the sale but haven’t started shopping yet, we strongly recommend making an appointment with us prior to July 16th so we can help you figure out your preferred style!
- Brides who are an everyday size 6-10, a height of 5’9″ or less, and a size D cup and smaller. The gowns that are a part of this sale are predominantly bridal sizes 10 and 12, which correspond to street sizes 6-10. We do have a small selection of sizes below or above that range.
- The sample sale shopping experience is more hectic and not the typical “A Little Something White” experience. That’s not to say you won’t be celebrated with a big hug when you say “I do” to your sale gown, and we know you will have fun shopping with us, but the appointments will be shorter and less intimate than our everyday appointments. Brides who would like to shop our sample sale collection and want our typical experience should make an appointment outside of this special day.
- Sample sale gowns are sold as is. Certain gowns may require cleaning or repairs. Alterations and gown cleaning are not included in the price of the gown. Gown cleaning is a service available for a price of $225. However, for the first day of the sale (July 16th), all brides who purchase a sale gown will receive $125 off of gown cleaning! Alterations is also a service we have available, and that price is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Sample sale gowns must be paid in full on the day of purchase and all sales are final. Sample sale gowns must be taken with you on the day of purchase. If you will be doing alterations at A Little Something White, the gown will be brought back to the boutique with you on that day.
To preview our sample sale collection, please visit the sample sale page on our website. Below is a preview of the gorgeousness that awaits inside our doors. Happy shopping!!!
Starting Friday, we are heading to Bridal Market in New York City….and we are SOOO excited! We routinely take for granted that not everyone knows what “bridal market” means. So here is my attempt to demystify things a bit!
Bridal market is a multi-day event where bridal designers descend on New York City with their brand new collections. From runway shows to intimate appointments with designers, this is an incredibly-fun-but-also-really-tiring series of days where we are presented with anywhere from 10-15 new styles for each designer, and we select a handful from each designer to purchase for the store. Below are the most common questions our brides have asked us over the years!
How do you choose what gowns to buy?
The short answer…it’s hard! I am naturally drawn to what I like best, so it can be tempting to favor styles that I, personally, want to wear (bows and ballgowns really get my heart racing). However, that’s exactly what I make sure not to do. The biggest factor in my decision is whether or not a particular style is one our brides will want to wear. I cannot buy a designer’s entire collection, so I am going to hone in on those styles I think will work best for our brides. Also, it is always my goal to diversify our existing collection when bringing in new gowns, whether that be by style, price or some other metric!
When will the gowns you buy arrive at the store?
If you have done any bridal gown shopping up to this point, you have probably heard that it can take up to six months to produce a bridal gown. The same is true for the gowns I purchase for the store! Our gowns will trickle in starting about two months after market and we will receive our last few gowns about six months after market.
I absolutely LOVE a gown I saw on the runway. Is there any way for me to try it on before it arrives at your store?
YES!!! This is why we love hosting trunk shows. At a trunk show, we will bring in a designer’s most recent collection as well as prior season best sellers. Not only does that give you an opportunity to try on a gown that won’t be in the store until later in the year, but you will receive 10% off your purchase. WIN-WIN!!! Click here for our trunk show schedule.
I noticed that the collections coming out right now are called “Spring 2017”. If I am a 2017 bride, should I only be buying from those collections?
NO!!!! The way the industry names bridal gown collections is by the season and year following when they debut. That means the collections we are viewing this weekend are called “Spring 2017”. The reason for this nomenclature is that the collections will likely hit stores in mid 2016, meaning that generally the first brides really able to purchase the collection for their weddings will be Spring 2017 or later.
However, the concept of seasonality in the bridal business is very different than in ready-to-wear. Many gowns with a “Spring 2017” moniker will be just as appropriate for a bride getting married in April, August, or October. Additionally, bridal fashion tends to be not as trend following as ready-to-wear fashion, meaning that as you move from season to season, you won’t see tectonic shifts in style.
So what does all of this mean? Buy what you LOVE! Don’t worry about what season it is from. One of our top selling gowns to this day is from the “Spring 2013” season of one of our designers. Focus most on what makes you feel beautiful, not on what season something is from.
What is your favorite part of bridal market?
My very favorite part is when the A Little Something White team attends with me. On Sunday of bridal market, we always close the store and my bridal consultants team comes with me. I love nothing more than soaking up the glamour and beauty surrounded by the people I love and who work so tirelessly to make A Little Something White such a successful business.
Not only is it a perk for my consultants to come, but it’s incredibly helpful when they share their insight with me. If you are an ALSW bride, know that it’s not uncommon for your name to come up during the day, when one of our consultants says “oh my gosh, that style would be PERFECT for my bride!”
Where can I see the newest collections online?
It will always take the designers some time to get the images added to their websites. In the meantime, the best way to see the newest collections is to follow along with us and other top publications during bridal market. Below are a list of places you can get a great glimpse into the latest and greatest in bridal fashion during this exciting weekend!
Instagram: @alittlesomethingwhite, @brides, @theknot, @weddingwire
Below is a sneak preview that some of our designers offered us this week. I find these to be such a tease!! I can’t wait to share the beauty behind these pictures this weekend!