Having a destination wedding can be fun & exciting, yet can cause some stress when it comes to traveling with your gown! After more than seven years of working with destination brides, here are our top 3 tips that we’ve learned along the way!
1. First and foremost….carry your gown with you! We cannot stress this enough, so let us say it again. CARRY YOUR GOWN WITH YOU! You do not want to have to worry about a lost bridal gown in the few days prior to your wedding.
2. Most times if you contact your airline and inform them that you’ll be bringing your gown with you, they will suggest ways of storing it on board. In most cases the aircraft has a coat closet where you can store your gown.
3. Nervous of your gown leaving your sight? We have had brides purchase separate seats for their gowns! While not necessarily the most economical solution, sometimes that extra peace of mind is worth it!
1. ALSW brides receive a complimentary pressing of their gown. However, traveling with your gown can cause some slight wrinkles, causing the gown to need a slight touch up prior to you walking down the aisle. Planning to travel a distance? We can inform you of the dos and don’ts for touching up your gown fabric. When it comes to ironing versus steaming, it’s important to choose the correct method!
2. Call your hotel ahead of time to ensure there is an iron and steamer available. If not, arrange to rent one.
3. Some wedding venues have an in-house event planner that may provide a gown pressing service, so be sure to do your a little research before you arrive.
“I said I do, but I’m far from home, what should I do with the gown now?”
1. After spending a full day in your gown, it has likely collected some dirt throughout the day. The sooner you clean it, the better the results will be! We recommend bringing it back to A Little Something White as quickly as possible.
2. ALSW works closely with an award-winning gown cleaning company. All we ask is that you bring your gown back, pay for the service, and then we will send your gown out to be cleaned and preserved. It’s always good to protect your investment! Even better…as soon as it’s clean, it will be shipped directly to you.
3. Not returning to Connecticut right away? Not to worry…simply designate someone trustworthy to hand carry it back for you or arrange to ship it directly to us. Just give us a heads up if you’re shipping it so that we can be on the lookout for it!